Gregory L Fordham
CPA, CIA, CCE, Sec+, MCP, Live, Stego
Gregory L Fordham
Greg Fordham heads the Atlanta, Georgia office of Celestial Defense. He is a very knowledgeable expert and consultant with more than 30 years experience in the field of federal government contracts. Over that time he has performed hundreds of projects that have ranged in size from under a million dollars to over a billion dollars. His clients have included some of the largest and best known defense contractors as well as some smaller and lesser known civilian agency government contractors and even the government itself in a few occasions.
His engagements have often involved critically important and even bet the company type issues involving the preparation and settlement of:
- Request for Equitable Adjustment (REA) proposals for constructive contract changes;
- Termination for Convenience (T4C) settlement proposals;
- Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) Disclosure Statements, cost impact proposals and related cost structure optimizations; as well as
- resolution of various allegations of FAR [Federal Acquisition Regulation] non-compliance such as;
- FAR Part 31 cost allowability issues,
- DFARS [Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement] related manufacturing, estimating, and costing system deficiencies, and
- TINA [Truth-in-Negotiations Act] cost or pricing data (CoPD) issues or claims of defective pricing.
While most of Greg's projects have been resolved without litigation, he has been selected as an expert when the litigation route was pursued. He has even served as the government’s expert in some hi-profile, large dollar false claims cases in opposition of some of the nation's top white collar crime defense firms.. (see, Description of Selected Engagements to learn about some of Greg's projects)
Greg is a prolific writer and frequent speaker on subjects related to his areas of expertise. In fact, he has authored more than 70 articles that have appeared in publications like:
- University of Richmond, Journal of Law and Technology;
- Bureau of National Affairs, Federal Contracts Report;
- Bureau of National Affairs, Digital Discovery and E-Evidence;
- American Bar Association, The Procurement Lawyer;
- American Bar Association, Expert Witness;
- Aspen Legal Publishing, Construction Law Update;
- Board of Contract Appeals Bar Association, The Clause;
- Martindale Hubbell, Counsel to Counsel Labor and Employment Law Alert; and
- National Contact Management Association, Contract Management to name a few.
He is also a frequent presenter at various seminars that have been sponsored by different sections of the American Bar Association, chapters of various professional organizations like the National Contract Management Association, and at seminars offered by the National Business Institute, Lorman Education Services, Clear Law Institute, and the Institute for Continuing Legal Education in Georgia. For the last several years he has earned the distinguished faculty badge presented by Lorman Education Services to those faculty members receiving good evaluations from seminar attendees.
Greg is a graduate of Emory University in Atlanta. He is a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) in Virginia and a Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) by the Institute of Internal Auditors. He has also added several professional certifications reflecting his computer forensic expertise like the Certified Computer Examiner (CCE) by the International Society of Forensic Computer Examiners, Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), Security Plus (SEC+) Certified by the Computer Technology Industry Association, a Certified Steganography Investigator by Wetstone Technologies, Inc. and a Certified Live Investigator by Wetstone Technologies, Inc.
Greg founded Celestial Defense in 2012. Prior to that Greg served government contractors at K&F Consulting which he co-founded in 1991. At K&F he co-chaired the government contracting practice and headed the computer forensic and e-discovery practices..